Software Engineer, Autonomous Systems
Concurrent Real-Time, Inc. currently has an opening for a full-time Software Engineer, Autonomous Systems at our Pompano Beach, Florida location.
Position Summary: The Software Engineer is responsible for executing or independently achieving project objectives by performing a variety of very complex engineering and process tasks, which require in-depth and diversified technical knowledge. Duties may pertain to product design and or development, manufacturing, product quality/test, system compatibility and sales/marketing support. The design/development or process design requirement activity, is at a level where no previous practice may exist and where only the general nature of the problem is known.
- Develop and support a real-time operating system based on Automotive Grade Linux.
- Maintain, enhance, and develop large engineering projects or a number of smaller scale projects with complex features. This position involves software engineering in a Linux environment.
- Translate product, process, or systems requirements into engineering principles to describe and specify required application.
- Be aware of internal and external customer concerns in the design, development, manufacturability of products and processes.
- Synthesize initial concepts to define broader or lesser concepts.
- Develop understanding of department’s identity and efforts, and the corporate role.
- Contribute to improving the technical knowledge base and effectiveness of other engineers.
- Interface with co-workers and staff from other departments and ensures positive working relationships in a team environment.
- Impart technical expertise within department, and to customers, user groups.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years embedded Linux software development experience.
- Experience with Yocto, Open Embedded, BitBake and Buildroot.
- Experience with source control systems, including Git and Subversion.
- Knowledge of the Intel x86_64 architecture.
- Strong skills in programming languages, including C, Python and Bash.
- Must be pro-active and meticulous in continuously identifying and resolving problems.
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostics and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong process skills and ability to identify inefficiencies.
- Must be capable of working well under pressure situations independently or on a team.
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational and analytical skills with solid ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to synthesize initial concepts of project and determine technical principles involved.
- Ability to impart current technology in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Analyze customer requirements and formulate solutions, which enable the company to maximize revenue, and provide solutions companies will purchase.
Salary: Based on experience and education. To apply, please send your resume, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Shelly Schurman at 954-973-5103.
The company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request during normal business hours at the Human Resource Office.
Equal Opportunity Is The Law (PDF)
EEO Is The Law Supplement (PDF)
Employee Rights Under The National Labor Relations Act (PDF)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (PDF)